Skills Development - Throwing Large Vessels
Time & Location
About the Event
Colin Hopkins, maker of the large scale Porcelume light pendant will lead you through the methods and processes involved in scaling up your thrown pieces.
Areas to be covered include:
- preparing the clay
- wedging techniques
- tools and equipment
- opening and throwing techniques
- controlling the drying process
- turning and the relationship to the final fired form
The morning will be demonstrations and the afternoon will be a hands on wheelthrowing class of only 12 people.
Participants will need to have basic wheel throwing skills including centering, opening and pulling up.
- Throwing Large - Morning Only$60$600$0
- Sold OutThrowing Large - All Day$180$1800$0